Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Hail And Rain!

Shaking! All I felt was shaking, the ground rumbling and vibrating then I looked out the window there was
hail and extreme big splashes of rain except it wasn't going away it was flooding. The silver strong metal
streetlight that I thought was invincible was being thrown around like a toy and then I heard a baby crying
people yelling and I did not know what to do I woke my mum up then grabbed my mattress and jumped
out the front door.

It was freezing and the hard icy hail whacking my back didn’t help. I used my arms to paddle and
went to the elderlies, house I got them and their little dog out of there. Our house was the tallest
nearby by so I took them up there. I went to the baby who was crying and got him and the family out
on their own mattress. I got my mum out of the house. while everyone waited up there she got them
blankets pillows and food they were all thankful I got everyone else in the houses nearby and when the
storm finished I helped them fix their houses up.

Around 2 hours after the storm the news reporters came and they asked me questions and I just said
that I am happy that I could help.

2 comments:

  1. Sehr gut geschrieben, Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oliver,


    It’s Leslie here, writing to you from Canada where it’s very cold and snowy. Hard for you to imagine, I’m sure! I’m a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I notice that you've written a story on your blog - well done!! and you've created a poster too - good for you!

    I think that you might really enjoy some of the activities in the Summer Learning Journey program because they give you a chance to be creative. You can create a poster or picture, write a poem or story, and learn about the unusual and unique animals and plants that live in New Zealand in other countries around the world. I think you'd do well with the activities!!

    There are still 3 full weeks left to participate in the Summer Learning Journey program called “The World Around Us”. Here’s the website address: www.summerlearningjourney.co.nz I hope you’ll take a look and try some of the activities. I’ll look for your postings and write back to you from Canada.

    Meanwhile, have a really happy summer holiday!!

    Leslie


    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.